Program Title: Biomedical Device and Technology Development (BDTD)
Department of Science and Technology has initiated a programme on Biomedical Device and Technology Development (BDTD) during 2016. Department was earlier supporting development of instruments for Medical and Healthcare applications through Instrumentation Development Programme. BDTD has been evolved considering theconcern of medical device industry for R&D to develop new innovative products as per
global standards. The mandate of BDTD is toevolve and support projects for design & development of devices for:
- Early-Stage Prototype Development: (The integration and testing of basic components in a laboratory environment)
- Late-Stage Prototype Development (Fabrication of compact prototype for testing and validation)
- Pilot Scale Testing and validation: (Upon completion of the technology’s design, fabrication final testing with limited number of prototypes) with mandatory manufacturer industry participation.
The focus of DST-BDTD will be on development of devices and related technologies. The targeted categories include screening, diagnostic, surgical and life
support equipments for clinical applications in healthcare sector. The following activities are considered:
• Evolving, supporting and monitoring R&D projects for design & development of devices
• Supporting capacity building activities such as Training Programmes, Workshops/Seminars/ Symposia, brainstorming sessions, industry-academia interactions.
• Infrastructure creation to promote device development activity.
The Project Proposal could be submitted for financial support by scientist/ engineers/ technologists working in Universities and other academic institutions; R&D institutions/ laboratories having adequate infrastructure and facilities to carry out R&D work.
Financial support is provided only for temporary staff salaries, equipment, consumables, domestic travel and other miscellaneous items. No support is provided towards basic infrastructure and building and International travel.
The investigators/ R&D Group should have adequate experience and expertise in the relevant area of proposal. A Clinician should be involved with investigating team as Co-PI.
Format for Project Proposal183.48 KB