Mandate of Device Development Programme (DDP) is to promote and support Research, Design and Development (RD&D) activities of different areas of devices leading to:
- Indigenous development and production of devices.
- Upgradation of existing device for modern accessories and attachments and latest technology.
- Establishment of base in RD&D and limited production techniques.
- Generation of trained manpower in the area.
Accordingly, DDP has been evolving, supporting and monitoring projects for design & development of devices in different areas at various laboratories, academic institutions in association with the user industries. The mandate of DDP is following:
- Evolving, supporting and monitoring following types of projects to research laboratories for design & development of instruments in different areas:
- Proof of concept (feasibility) for developing a device/ instrument (smaller projects, 1-2 years duration)
- Design & development of Laboratory prototypes of the devices with or without user industry participation.
- Design & development of Advanced Laboratory prototypes of the instruments with mandatory user industry participation.
- User Trials of the limited number of prototypesat industrial site with mandatory manufacturer industry participation with financial commitment.
- Supporting capacity building activities such as Training Programmes, Workshops/ Seminars/ Symposia and establishment of specialized facilities to promote indigenous development of instruments.
Format for Project Proposal268.12 KB