Indian National Academy Of Engineering,
National Academy of Engineering (INAE) founded in 1987
comprises Indias most distinguished engineers, engineer-scientists
and technologists covering the entire spectrum of engineering
disciplines, and functions as an apex body to promote and
advance the practice of engineering and technology and the
related sciences and disciplines in India and their application
to problems of national importance.
Among the aims and objects of the Academy are:
- to encourage and promote the pursuit of excellence in the
field of Engineering;
- to offer the Govt. of India, the local Governments and others,
the views of engineers in cooperation with other professional
bodies in regard to all matters pertaining to Engineering;
- to promote the National Policy on Education of the Govt.
- to present at all academic forums, the research and development
activities on engineering on mutual interactive and cooperative
basis both in India and abroad;
- to encourage inventions, investigations and research and
promote their applications for development of both organised
and unorganised sectors of national economy;
- to institute and establish Professorships, Fellowships,
Studentships, Scholarships, Awards and other benefactions;
- to interact with Professional Bodies, Engineering and Scientific
Academies etc. in India and abroad.
The Academy is registered under the Societies
Registration Act 1860 and is an autonomous institution supported
partly through grant-in-aid by Department of Science &
Technology, Government of India. It is the only engineering
Academy in India and is recognised as a Scientific and Industrial
Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific
and Industrial Research, Government of India.
INAE is a Member of the international Council
of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences (CAETS).
For more information please contact:
Indian National Academy of Engineering,
117 Nalanda House, IIT Campus,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016
Phone: 91-11-26582475, 26582635
E-mail: inae at nda dot vsnl dot net dot in