Indian National Academy Of Engineering,
The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) founded in 1987 comprises India’s most distinguished engineers, engineer-scientists and technologists covering the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines, and functions as an apex body to promote and advance the practice of engineering and technology and the related sciences and disciplines in India and their application to problems of national importance.
The aims and objects of the Academy are:
- To promote and advance the practice of engineering and technology and the related sciences and disciplines and their application to problems of national importance.
- To disseminate information on all matters pertaining to 'Engineering' by publishing proceedings, journals, memoirs and by holding meeting, lectures, seminars, symposia etc.
- To interact with professional bodies, engineering and scientific academies etc. already established or as may be established in future in India and abroad.
- To represent at all academic forums, research and development activities on 'Engineering' in India and abroad.
- To promote the National Policy on Education of the Government of India.
- To offer the Government of India, the Local Governments and others, facilities for conferring with and ascertaining the views of 'Engineers' pertaining to 'Engineering' and to confer with the said Governments and others in cooperation with fraternal professional bodies.
- To encourage inventions, investigations and research and promote their applications for development of both organised and unorganised sectors of the national economy.
- To institute and establish Professorship, Fellowship, Studentship, Scholarship, Awards and other benefactions and to grant Certificates of Competency and Charter whether under any Act of Government of India or otherwise howsoever.
The Academy is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and is an autonomous institution supported partly through grant-in-aid by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
As the only engineering Academy of the country, INAE represents India at the International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences (CAETS).
For more information please contact:
Indian National Academy of Engineering
Unit No. 604-609, 6th Floor, Tower A,
SPAZE I-Tech Park, Sector 49, Sohna Road,
Gurgaon – 122002 (India)
Phone : (91) - 0124 - 4239480
Fax : (91) - 0124 – 4239481
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.inae.in