The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) founded in 1987 comprises India’s most distinguished engineers, engineer-scientists and technologists covering the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines, and functions as an apex body to promote and advance the practice of engineering and technology and the related sciences and disciplines in India and their application to problems of national importance.
Among the aims and objects of the Academy are:
- to encourage and promote the pursuit of excellence in the field of ‘Engineering’;
to offer the Govt. of India, the local Governments and others, the views of engineers in cooperation with other professional bodies in regard to all matters pertaining to ‘Engineering’;
- to promote the National Policy on Education of the Govt. of India;
- to present at all academic forums, the research and development activities on engineering on mutual interactive and cooperative basis both in India and abroad;
- to encourage inventions, investigations and research and promote their applications for development of both organised and unorganised sectors of national economy;
- to institute and establish Professorships, Fellowships, Studentships, Scholarships, Awards and other benefactions;
- to interact with Professional Bodies, Engineering and Scientific Academies etc. in India and abroad.
The Academy is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and is an autonomous institution supported partly through grant-in-aid by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. It is the only engineering Academy in India and is recognised as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India.
INAE is a Member of the international Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences (CAETS).
For more information contact:
Indian National Academy of Engineering,
6th Floor, Unit No. 604-609, SPAZE I-Tech Park,Tower A,
Sector 49, Sohna Road,Gurgaon, Haryana (India) – 122018
Phone : +91 124-4239480 Fax: +91 124-4239481