Technology Watch and Foresighting (TWF) Division – set up in April 2014 - works towards promoting and nurturing innovations in technology while looking into the future with a definite foresight strategy.
- Close watch on current/emerging technologies globally in various relevant sectors in the context of an evolving Foresight Framework
- Development of a National Foresight System for Science & Technology management
- Special focus on promoting industry-academia interaction / consortium in support of the above
- Development and support of S&T Programmes / Activities in line with the chosen Foresight Strategies
- Documentation and dissemination of road maps, special foresight reports, and technology support programmes
- Forging linkage with various stakeholder group like Ministries / Departments / Industry / Academia / and the Civil Society for effective use of the artifacts / reports on Technology Watch and Foresight Strategies
Current Activities of TWF :
- Electric Mobility:During 2014-15, TWF initiated steps to keep a close watch on the innovations in the field of “Electric Mobility” in support of the manufacture of vehicles under the “Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid ) Electric Vehicles (FAME)” scheme of the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI).
- Development of National S&T Foresighting System: To support the development of Foresight Strategies in relevant sectors, details of setting up a National S&T Foresight System have been deliberated upon and a strategy document is getting prepared.