The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), established in 1982 by the Government of India under the aegis of Department of Science & Technology, is an institutional mechanism to help promote knowledge driven and technology intensive enterprises. The Board, having representations from socio-economic and scientific Ministries/Departments, aims to convert "job-seekers" into "job-generators" through Science & Technology (S&T) interventions.
Major Objectives of NSTEDB:
- To promote and develop high-end entrepreneurship for S&T manpower as well as self-employment by utilising S&T infrastructure and by using S&T methods.
- To facilitate and conduct various informational services relating to promotion of entrepreneurship.
- To network agencies of the support system, academic institutions and Research & Development (R&D) organisations to foster entrepreneurship and self-employing using S&T with special focus on backward areas as well.
- To act as a policy advisory body with regard to entrepreneurship.
The programmes are broadly classified into the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC)
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP)
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
- Technology Based EDP (TEDP)
Institutional mechanisms for entrepreneurship development
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC)
- Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development (STED) Project
- Science & Technology Entrepreneurs Park (STEP)
- Technology Business Incubator (TBI)
For more details/ formats and guidelines on the NSTEDB and related programmes, please visit our websites
|2004-05224.37 KB||2005-06222.18 KB||2006-07233.36 KB||2007-08624.39 KB||2008-09483.7 KB||2009-10112.75 KB|
For more information Contact :
Dr. Anita Gupta
Adviser, Member Secretery
National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB)
Department of Science&Technology
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi-110 016.