The implementation approach translates into specific funding opportunities for intended participants. Depending on the objectives of the activities specified in the call for proposal launched from time to time, the proposals could be proposed by:
- Scientists and technologists working in Public, Private and Voluntary Sector
- S&T based voluntary organizations, which are working in the rural areas with legal status or as a society registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 as a trust registered under the Indian Trusts Act 1982 or Charitable or Religious Act 1920 or under the corresponding State Act. Organization should have been in existence for a minimum of three years after registration.
- Academic and R&D Institutions, Indian Enterprises, State Government bodies such as S&T Councils, Autonomous bodies
- Multi- Institutional Network of institutions for activities requiring inter-disciplinary participation
- Any other identified stakeholder relevant to call objectives